If you’ve just joined the Nintendo ecosystem, you’re going to want to create an account so you can buy games, get special promotions, and more. In this article, you’ll learn how to create a Nintendo Account.
A Nintendo Account is required to use certain services from Nintendo, such as off-device game purchases and the My Nintendo loyalty program.
Create Your Nintendo Account Now
A Nintendo Account can be linked to your Nintendo Network ID, Facebook, Twitter, Google, or Apple accounts. (Only users age 13 and older can link to social media accounts.
- Users aged 13 or older can create a Nintendo Account.
- Nintendo Account users age 18 and older can create and add up to five Nintendo Accounts for children (age 17 and under) to their Nintendo Account.
- Users age 12 and under cannot create a Nintendo Account.
If you’ve just purchased a Nintendo Switch and a physical game card to go with it, you may not have even tried visiting the digital game store yet.
Nintendo’s eShop is where you can buy games, watch videos, and even sample demos of some games. You can do some things in the eShop without an account, but if you want to purchase a digital game, you’ll need a Nintendo Account. Here’s how to get one
- Select the eShop from the Home screen on your Nintendo Switch.
2. Select your User profile.
3. Select Link a Nintendo Account when asked to sign in to your Nintendo Account
4. Select Create Account when asked to sign into your Nintendo Account.
5. Select Send account creation instructions via e-mail.
6. Enter your email address.
7. Using a computer or smart device, open the email from Nintendo.
8. Click the link in the email to create a Nintendo Account.
A. Select Add an account for myself
B. Enter the relevant account information.
C. Hit Submit when you’re finished.
D. When you’ve created your account, you’ll be given a five-digit code to enter on your Nintendo Switch.
E. Go back to your Switch and enter the five-digit code.
In the setup screen, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Continue.
Choose whether you want to always enter your password, or skip your password login while using the Switch.
Once you’re Nintendo Account is all set up, you can add funds to it, so all you have to do is hit the “Buy” button when you’re ready.
There are tons of titles to explore in the eShop, including some great sales. Now that your account is ready, enjoy spending a little time looking around.
RECOMMEND FOR YOU!!!
- Nintendo Ring Fit Adventure: Exercise or Game box?
- GameSir VX AimSwitch Combo 2020 Latest Updated Review
- Best Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Wheels 2020 Review
Do you have any questions about how to create a new Nintendo Account on the Switch? Put them in the comments, and we’ll help you out.