Best Biometric Fingerprint Padlock 2020 Well-Detailed Review.
It’s easy to lose a key. You could forget to carry it with you, misplace it, or even have it stolen. Whatever the case may be, with a typical padlock, you’re only one accident away from being locked out. That’s no small part of the reason why people turn to biometric fingerprint locks.
In this article, we hope to guide you on some of the best Biometric fingerprint padlock available in the market.
When Picking the Best Biometric Fingerprint Padlock
Finding the right biometric fingerprint lock is really about three things. Size, security, and access. Balancing those three elements can help you narrow down your selection rather quickly.
Size of the Lock
This mostly comes down to size and weight. Larger locks can be more difficult to fit in small spaces. That can prevent you from using the lock on certain types of lockers, for instance. The size and weight of the lock also has a rough correlation with the amount of protection it provides, since heavier locks tend to be made from sturdier materials.
Is the lock resistant to smashing forces? How about smaller bolt cutters? The gold standard for a padlock, fingerprint lock or otherwise, is typically stainless steel. It’s strong enough to hold up to anything except fairly large bolt cutters wielded by someone with enough strength to squeeze through a quarter-inch of steel.
When it comes to digital security, you can pretty much rest easy. Though you might want to know whether or not the lock you choose has any wireless functionality which may add another dimension to security concerns.
Speaking of wireless connections, how many ways are there to open the lock? Some locks allow you to open or close them using an app connected over Bluetooth. And how many users can you have on the network? At least ten is quite common, but some locks can go much further. How do you add or revoke access from people? This is mostly a matter of understanding how many people you expect to share access.
The Tapplock Lite combines a classic design with cutting edge consumer-grade fingerprint tech. The result is supposed to provide two things: easy access, and sharable protection. The lightweight and portable design is a compromise between creating a heavy security lock that’s more secure, and a less secure lock that’s more portable.
Additionally, there’s a total of three ways to use the lock. That includes fingerprints, Bluetooth connections, and a backup option using Morse code. Having more than one way to unlock the lock is a good idea for a number of reasons. Convenience is the most important one. But whether or not you’re worried about alternatives to opening the lock, multiple access points can provide you with some peace of mind.
- 3 Ways To Unlock: Fingerprint, Bluetooth, and Morse code; Note: If swimming for prolonged periods of time, use Bluetooth and the Tapplock app or Morse code to unlock as prolonged exposure to water can hinder your fingerprint template
- Powerful Rechargeable Battery; 8-month use per 2-hour charge time; When the battery is below 30% the LED indicator will begin to flash red; Forgot to charge? Use a portable USB charger and in minutes you’ll be able to unlock with your registered fingerprint
- Register your Tapplock lite and fingerprints by downloading our FREE Tapplock App, readily available on the App Store or Google Play; Note: The Tapplock app is needed for lock registration, user management/enrolment, Bluetooth unlocking, initializing Morse code and Sharing Access
- Cutting-Edge Fingerprint Technology; Tapplock’s advanced fingerprint technology identifies the access user to 99.999% accuracy and grants access in under 0.8 seconds. Stores up to 100 fingerprints for multiple users per lock
- 1-year worry-free manufacturer warranty when purchased from an Authorized Tapplock dealer. We stand behind the quality of our Tapplocks; Contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns with your purchase; Our customer care team is ready to assist you
Megafeis Fingerprint Padlock
Giving you a little less room for growth, the Megafeis Fingerprint Padlock allows you to register a maximum of 15 prints. That’s certainly a bit limiting compared to the Tapplock Lite.
But outside of that, this lock is quite impressive in some other ways. It’s got a water resistant design, and it’s actually quite intuitive to use. As long as you don’t expect 50 people to be accessing your lock, Megafeis’ lock’s limitations shouldn’t be a concern.
- Smart Holiday Gifts: Say goodbye to cumbersome password combinations. You can unlock smart padlock with your finger only for a split second. Don’t worrying about losing key or forgetting password. MEGAFEIS Fingerprint padlock can register up to 15 sets of fingerprints. You can also authorize and share lock with your family/friend to use it.
- Long Run Time: MEGAFEIS Smart padlocks have lower power consumption and longer standby time. The USB rechargeable 150MAH lithium battery can support up to 6-month of standby time or 2-month (2500 times of unlock) in one charge. When out of battery, the smart lock will remain locked, simply connect to a USB power supply and recover.
- Rugged Construction: The padlock beam is made of stainless steel for excellent tamper resistance. IP65 weatherproof protects against dust and water. Kindly attention: The padlock is not recommended for extended outdoor use in rain or snow.
- Bluetooth Function: Connect smart padlock to free mobile app by Bluetooth. You can use the app to register fingerprints, unlock, set authorized user, check the last 1000 unlock activities, etc.
- Lightweight, Portable & Wide Uses: Gym lock Compact size to be carried anywhere you go. MEGAFEIS Fingerprint Bluetooth padlock is suitable for both indoor and temporary outdoor use in gym, school, office, door, gate, fence, garage, warehouse, cabinet, shed, suitcase, handbag, luggage, bike, etc. Not intended for outdoor use in rain or snow.
ThunderBs Smart Padlock
What if you don’t have a smartphone? What if you don’t want to use mobile devices to interact with your lock? The distinctive appeal behind the ThunderBs Smart Padlock is that you don’t have to get any app support involved.
You can do 100% of the customization and maintenance of the lock from the single button interface on the lock itself. That makes this lock pretty straightforward and convenient, at least, for people who want to avoid apps.
- APP or Bluetooth are NOT required to use the finger print lock
- All you need is your fingerprint to unlock it, similar to smartphones and tablets
- Led indicator that let you know when the battery is getting low
- Rechargeable Long lasting battery that hold for 2 years without recharging it
- Your purchase is protected by our 60 Day Money Back Guarantee & 1 Manufacturer Warranty
Picking Between 3 of the Best Biometric Fingerprint Padlock
Tapplock Lite is a little fancier than the other locks on this list. It uses much of the same fingerprint technology, but the design was made much more in the interests of remaining lightweight. It also stands out because there are three ways to open the lock – Bluetooth connections, Morse code, and your fingerprints.
Looking for something cheap and simple? The best value on this list is arguably the Megafeis Fingerprint Padlock. This lock has battery lifespans that are a little on the low side, sure. But the actual material construction of the lock is rock solid. Plus, it has essentially the same access features as the Tapplock Lite.
Last but not least, the ThunderBs Smart Padlock is going to be the right choice for someone who wants to avoid app connectivity. Some people are going to end up with a more convenient setup when they’re able to do everything they need from the lock itself. This lock is built well, it’s got the best warranty on the list, and it keeps things simple by eliminating the need to interact with apps.