How to Download Telegram App for Android and iOS Devices Free | The Definitive Beginner’s Guide to Getting Started on Telegram Platform.
Telegram is a free cloud-based instant messaging service with a focus on speed and security. It’s super-fast, simple and free. Telegram seemingly represents a perfect corrections of Whatsapp flaws, providing cloud-based messages that can be accessed on any of the user’s connected devices, enabling large file transfer irrespective of the size and Users can send messages to other users individually or to groups of up to 5,000 members
Still, as Telegram involves fairly complex image, it is hard for the beginner looking for an introduction to find a clear and complete guide. Here in this article, we’ve made our complete Telegram Guide, to help you navigate and get the most out of Telegram and also to walk you through every feature, step by step. Including how to download and get started!
How to Get Started on Telegram
Getting started on Telegram, you’ll need to;
- First, download Telegram to your device.
- Create a free account for Telegram.
- Sign in to Telegram and begin the ride
How to Download Telegram App for Android and iOS Devices Free
The Telegram application is free to download, but mobile operator charges may apply if you use a mobile data connection. Telegram supports all Android phones and tablets as long as they meet the minimum requirements. Telegram for Android is available in Google Play, App Store for iOS devices.
How to Set Up a Telegram Account
After downloading telegram, you need to
- First, launch the app by tapping on the Telegram icon
- Click on start messenger option if it pops up.
- Select your country
- Enter your phone number with country zip code and confirm the number by clicking the next button.
- You will receive a confirmation code via SMS on your phone which you will need to confirm Your Telegram Registration.
- After confirming your Telegram Registration, you will be automatically logged in and your account is set and fully activated.
Congratulations if you just followed the above steps to complete your Telegram sign up, Telegram Login and how to set up Telegram Account!
Using Telegram on Smartphones
Find a Friend on Telegram
Telegram can automatically search your contacts for friends who use Telegram if you grant the app permission to access your address book. When you tap the Contacts tab at the bottom left of the screen, Telegram will show a list of your friends who use Telegram followed by contacts currently not signed up for the app. You can send an invite to join a chat by tapping on a friend’s name that’s not yet using Telegram.
Start a Regular Chat.
Select a friend who has a Telegram account to start a new chat. Similar to WhatsApp and other traditional texting apps, there’s a text field at the bottom of the screen that’s used to type messages.
Send a Photo, Web image, Video, Document, Contact or Your Current Location.
Unlike most messaging apps, Telegram allows you send a wide range of information to your friends. Tap the paperclip icon next to the chat text field and choose the type of information you want to send. You can choose to immediately take a photo or video, or select one from your library. There’s also an option to search the Web for an image, which opens a search prompt that shows only image results.
Adjust Your Chat Background.
In the Settings tab at the bottom right in the app, you can choose an image for your chat backgrounds. Telegram has a large selection of images to choose from, allowing you to customize the look and feel of your chats. There is also the option to select an image from your photo library to use as a background for a more personal touch.
How do I know who in my contacts has Telegram?
Your contacts, who have Telegram, are shown at the top of your Contacts. They also have pictures.
How Do I Create a Group?
- For iOS: Start a new message (tap the icon in the top right corner in Chats) > ‘New Group’.
- For Android: Tap the circular pencil icon in the chats list > ‘New Group’.
To upgrade one of your groups to a supergroup:
- For iOS: Go to the group info page > ‘Edit’ in the top right corner > scroll down to the ‘Convert to Supergroup’ button.
- For Android: Go to the group info page > tap “…” in the top right corner > choose ‘Convert to Supergroup’.
How Does Two-Step Verification Work?
Logging in with an SMS code is an industry standard in messaging, but if you’re looking for more security or have reasons to doubt your mobile carrier or government, we recommend protecting your cloud chats with an additional password.
You can do this in Settings – Privacy and Security – 2-Step Verification. Once enabled, you will need both an SMS code and a password to log in. You can also set up a recovery email address that will help regain access, should you forget your password. If you do so, please remember that it’s important that the recovery email account is also protected with a strong password and 2-Step Verification when possible.
How Do I Start a Secret Chat?
- For iOS: Start a new message (tap the icon in the top-right corner in Messages). Then ‘New secret chat’.
- For Android: Swipe right to open the menu, then ‘New secret chat’.
How Do I Log-out?
Remember, that you can use Telegram on as many devices at the same time, as you like. If you log out, you don’t lose your cloud messages. However, you will lose all your Secret Chats and all messages inside them when you log out.
- For iOS: Go to Settings — Edit — Log out.
- For Android: Go to Settings — … (in the top right corner) — Log out.
How Do I Change My Phone Number?
You can change your number in Telegram and keep everything, including all your contacts, messages, and media from the Telegram cloud, as well as all your Secret Chats on all devices.
To change your number,
- Go to Settings
- Tap on your phone number (just above the username)
- Change Number’. If you already have a different Telegram account on the target number, you’ll need to delete that account first.
It’s always our excitement, hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please use the comment box below.
Hope this article was helpful, Please do well, to share this post via your Social Network accounts Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google plus etc. with Share button below.
Source: Techzafo Limited